Portions not available to the general public have been hilighted.
It is not currently available to the public in the webstore.
Simple Switch Machine
They say necessity is the mother of invention, and we agree!
We needed a low profile manual switch machine for the Peco turnouts on our model railroad. This is the design we came up with, the Simple Switch Machine by PDC.CA.
- Low Profile, less than 1" exposure under the layout.
- Torsion and bind resistant.
- Prevents flex of the vertical throw rod.
- Optional DPDT slide switch for frog and signal control.
- Optional slide switch allows use with un-sprung turnouts.
- Standard version can be mounted up to 3 1/2" below the turnout.
- Long Arm version can be mounted up to 5" below the turnout
- Pushrods can be attached to both ends.
- Uses K&S #502 .047" Music Wire for all rods. (purchased separately)
Not sure if the SSM will fit in your space? Download the footprint template.
This video shows a preproduction sample of the Simple Switch Machine in action:
Don't miss the rest of our catalog, we have other cool stuff too!