They say necessity is the mother of invention, and we agree!
We needed a low profile manual switch machine for the Peco turnouts on our model railroad. This is the design we came up with, the Simple Switch Machine by PDC.CA.
- Low Profile, less than 1" exposure under the layout.
- Torsion and bind resistant.
- Prevents flex of the vertical throw rod.
- Optional DPDT slide switch for frog and signal control.
- Optional slide switch allows use with un-sprung turnouts.
- Standard version can be mounted up to 3 1/2" below the turnout.
- Long Arm version can be mounted up to 5" below the turnout
- Pushrods can be attached to both ends.
- Uses K&S #502 .047" Music Wire for all rods. (purchased separately)
Not sure if the SSM will fit in your space? Download the footprint template.
This video shows a preproduction sample of the Simple Switch Machine in action: